The Lufthansa Group has announced five route launches to North America set for summer 2020. The routes are spread between German flag-carrier Lufthansa and its low-cost subsidiary Eurowings.
The flight details are:
- Frankfurt-Phoenix, Arizona from April 29, 2020, operating Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays. Departs Frankfurt at 1505 and lands at 1705, departs Phoenix 1855 and lands at 1505 the following day;
- Frankfurt-Anchorage, Alaska from June 1, 2020, operating Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Leaves Frankfurt at 1030 and lands 1130, departs Anchorage 1355 and lands 1045 the following day;
- Munich-Orlando, Florida from April 7, 2020, operating Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. Departs Munich at 0910 and lands 1355, departs Orlando 1545 arriving 0720 the next morning.
- Munich-Seattle, Washington from June 1, 2020, daily except Thursdays. Departs Munich 1530 and lands 1655, returning 1845 and landing 1350 the following day;
- Munich-Detroit, Michigan, from May 4, Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Departs 1240 and lands 1345. Returns 1735, landing at 0745 the next morning.
Lufthansa will also launch a new route from Munich to Bengaluru (Bangalore) on March 31, 2020, operated by an A350. Harry Hohmeister, chief commercial officer of Network Airlines [the group name for Lufthansa’s full-service carriers] commented: “Lufthansa Group is significantly increasing its commitment at the Munich hub and continuing its expansion to a hub for Asia with the addition of Bangalore.
“At the same time, Lufthansa Group is one of Europe’s largest providers of holiday travel. Demand in this area in particular is rising sharply. We will therefore be expanding our long-haul program from Frankfurt and Munich in cooperation with Eurowings in addition to the offers that have already been planned for Fall 2019. “Lufthansa’s feeder flights and the Frankfurt and Munich hubs will make it even easier for our passengers to reach the most beautiful places in the world in future.”